Indian Bread/Roti/phulka Ingredients:
- 2 cups wheat flour.
- 1-1½ cups water.
- Salt to taste.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and salt, pour water little by little until the mixture pulls away from the sides. Knead into a soft dough using water.
- Cover and set aside.
- Preheat a taava to medium high heat.
- Now take a portion of dough and roll into a thin roti in a diameter of your choice.
- Place the roti on tawa and Cook the roti for 1 minute before turning over.
- Then turn and cook again and cook this side completely
- Keep pressing the edges down into the tawa with a tea towel or wooden spoon because the edges cook last.
- Then turn the cooked side down on the gas directly over medium flame for a second or two.
- Turn the raw side onto the flame and the roti inflates over the heat.
- Take off into serving tray and apply a little ghee or butter if needed and serve hot.