Crispy DosaFor the batter (Ingredients):
- White urad dal-1cup
- Fenugreek seeds-11/2tsp
Recipe for batter:
- Soak rice ,dal and methi dana for around 12-14 hours/Overnight in a pan or you can soak them separately in different pans too.
- Then make a smooth paste of all the things and add together .
- Add a little water if needed to make it into a pouring like consistency but not runny.
- Be cautious while adding water else it will turn very runny and batter will be ruined.
- So add very little water at a time and mix and see the consistency before adding more .
- Keep it for another 4-6 hours or more to ferment a little more before making Dosa.
For the Dosa(Ingredients):
- Dosa batter-
- Water -1cup
Recipe for Dosa:
- As the pan heats up for making dosa sprinkle a little water and put the flame to low.
- Now take 1heaped spookn of batter in cooking spoon and pour it in the center.
- Then move the batter in circular motion spreading it outward starting from the center into a round shape.
- Let it cook from the lower surface now until brown patches appear .
- As it cooks turn the side and cook for half a minute.
- Then flip again to add more crispiness to the bottom surface and serve immediately after filling aloo stuffing into it .
- Serve with coconut or peanut chutney along with sambhar and enjoy a South indian dosa platter right at home.