- Besan/gram flour-1cup
- Turmeric powder-1tsp
- Baking soda-1/4tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala-1/2tsp
- Mix everthing together and add water little by little to make a smooth batter with pouring consistency.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and now pour batter spoonful or with hands to make small pakoras.
- Fry until golden brown and this way finish frying all the pakoras.
- Take them out on a paper towel and keep aside.
For making Kadi
- Besan / gram flour-1/2cup
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Black mustard seeds-1tsp
- Ajwain/carom seeds-1/2tsp
- Kalonji/Nigella sativa-1/2tsp
- Whole red chilly-2
- Curry leaves:5-6
- Red chilly powder-1tsp
- Turmeric powder:2-3tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind water
- Mix curd ,besan by adding water around 4-5 cup.There should be no lumps ,now add turmeric powder and salt and mix well .
- Place the mixture in a wok and put it on a gas stove on medium high flame.
- As it starts bubbling lower the flame and cook it on low medium flame till the rawness of flour goes ( it will thicken and start bubbling leaving the sides of wok) . It will take around 30-40 minutes .
- Cook on low medium flame to avoid burning and keep stirring continuously in every minute or two.
- Now switch off the flame and prepare for the tadka in a separate vessel.
- Heat oil in kadhai and add cumin, mustard, kalonji,ajwain,redchilly whole and curry leaves.
- As it splutters ,addonion and fry for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and asofaetida and give a mix and cook tomatoes,now add red chilly powder and to it add the kadi mixture .
- After that add tamarind water acc to your taste( depends in how tangy you want it to be).
- Now add the pakoras and cover and cook for 2-3mins
- Kadi pakora is now ready to serve.