- Urad dal-1cup /soaked for 3-4 hrs
- Salt to taste
- Rock salt -1tsp
- Red chilly powder-just to sprinkle over dahi bhalla
- Baking soda -a pinch
- Roasted cumin-1tsp
- Sweet curd-1cup
- Blend urad dal into a paste without adding water or just 1-2tsp of water
- To the paste ,add salt ,rock salt ,asofaetida and keep whisking with spatula or with hands continuously until fluffy.
- Add roasted cumin seeds or powder to it and whisk and set aside
- Now heat oil in a kadhai and when its a little hot add paste with the help of spoons or with hands in a size if small round ball into the oil.
- Drop in as much as the kadhai can hold.
- Now cook them on a low medium flame until it turns golen brown and perfectly cooked from inside too
- Note- Dont increase the flame while frying bhalla otherwise it will turn brown from outside but wont cook from within.
- Now take out all bhalla from kadhai and dip in salty water for a 2-3 mins and then squeeze excess water and plate in.
Serving Dahi bhalla:
- Plate bhalla in a small plate or bowl
- Then cover the bhalla with sweet full cream thick curd.
- A little of red meethi chutney and green spicy chutney will add in to the flavour (but its optional if you dont have it will then also be delicious )
- Sprinkle little red chilly powder , rock salt and little pomegranate arils on top.
- Enjoy this delicious mouthwatering snack and try this recipe at home.